The end result is pretty fancy, but this hair clip only takes about 10-minutes to make. I love feathers and think they look particularly fabulous in hair. This is also a great go-to project when you need something quick and easy to spark your inspiration.
1. Cut a piece of felt slightly larger than your hair clip. I used an alligator clip, but you could use any barrette or hair comb clip.
2. Place a dab of hot glue on one end of your felt.
3. Place feathers in the glue. Continue layering glue and feathers.
4. Once satisfied with the look of the feathers, put a drop of glue at the bottom and place your button. If using a button with a shank (the loopy part on the backside) simply cut it off with wire cutters or pliers so that the button will lay flat.
5. Place a strip of hot glue down the middle of the clip and secure to the felt.
That’s it – you’ve now got a snazzy, feathery hair accessory.
Have fun with this easy, feathery project and let me know if you have any questions.